Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Today, I wrote a letter.

Today, I wrote a letter...
A letter that had been waiting a couple of years to be sent.
A letter to someone who, I am sure, has been waiting to hear from me.
A letter that in no way can express the events nor the emotions that have occurred since the last we spoke.

Today, I wrote a letter to a young lady who entered my life in a very unexpected way.  I never would have thought she would have become so important to me personally. I am sure, she never thought she would ever be appreciative of me.

This young lady has taught me more about God's love, mercy and grace than anyone else.  She helped to teach me that He views each of us as the same as well as individuals.  Her life has shown me His hand directs us all even when our priorities are farthest from Him.

I have seen God guide the hearts of others into prayer, because of her.  I have seen God strengthen people because of her.  I have seen God encourage the lives of others because of her.

Today, I wrote a letter to the mother of three of my children. Accepted by us as family a few years ago but confined due to her choices less than two years since.

My letter reminded me of how much I love her.  It reminded me of the hope God has given me for her.  It reminded me of just how strong I am when I am in His will, as well as how weak I am when out of it.  It reminded me to continue to pray for her, for her family as well as for myself and for my family.

My hope is that the woman I prayed with to accept Jesus as her Lord and Saviour would be so strong in her walk when she is free.  My hope is that right now, even though bound, she knows just how free she truly is. My hope is that my children will be given the chance, once again, to reunite with her as a part of our family, as well as to be proud of what they are made of.

I ask all who read and believe to hold this young woman up in prayer.  I see such potential in her and her future. I hope, one day to introduce you all to her as the success that I know she can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment